Saturday 7 May 2011

Queens of Cakes

There are two blogs which i absolutely love. They are both filled with decadent looking cakes and desserts. I wish these women could be my aunt or something, I wish they would send me free food.

The first one is mum of four author of iambaker, Amanda. She makes the most delicious cakes and decorates them beautifully. Most often they have a surprise on the inside! Take this Easter egg cake for example:
How she adds all of those colours and layers without it falling apart in the process i will never know!
One of my personal favourites is her rose cake. Not just because Rose is my middle name, but because it is just so beautiful.
But it doesn't stop there, oh no. Amanda rarely ever makes a cake with a boring inside. This one has vertical stripes! Yes, Vertical! this is amazing. i tried it myself once and failed miserably. I just couldn't get the layers to stay together and not want to crumble.
Isn't it gorgeous! You would think that looking all these lovely cakes would make me want to eat one very very badly. But actually it seems to satisfy my cravings. Whenever i'm feeling peckish and in the mood for some cake i just pop along to iambaker.net and have an oggle.

The other site which i love is bakerella. Angie seems to be the happiest person in the world and always smiling. I really don't know how she manages it. She is in desperate need of a kidney at the moment so isn't allowed chocolate, which is a crime. I don't know how she keeps such a positive attitude. I truely admire this lady and her courage.
One of the main reasons i love her blog is for the cakepops. What are those you wonder? They're perfectly portioned and decorated cakes on sticks for one. Cake is combined with frosting to create balls and they are then decorated.
She even makes some that look like owls!
Aren't they the sweetest things you've ever seen? Literally to die for! I could goggle all of these up in no time.
Another one of my favourite things is Disney. I guess that's what happens when you grow up during the 90's. No other animated films will ever be able to top the original Disney classics.
Angie may actually be able to read my mind. It's like she has made these cake pops for me.



Seriously check out her website www.bakerella.com. She has loads of these and are all absolutely adorable. She also has a book, jam packed of all of her cakepop creations
I spy an Owl in the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment