Wednesday 18 May 2011

Imaginary house

When i am older my house will be epic. Well my flat to begin with probably, because i doubt i'll have the money for a house. When you walk up to my front door the first thing you will see is this:
A very kawaii peep hole cover, giving you a little wink as i check you out. I need to make sure you're a trusted friend before i open the door after all. Wouldn't be wise to let anyone in. Owls sure are wise.
Once i let you in you'll walk into my hall where you'll find this adorable key holder.
I'm pretty sure if i ever find a keyring shaped like an owl i will make him a birdhouse, or tree with a hole in. And then pop him up on my wall for safekeeping.
Where shall we go next? How about my lounge/kitchen/dining room. This is a flat after all!
In here you'll find my laptop, tv, lamps and endless other things which need wires. And i'll be using these cuties to keep everything in check.

I wouldn't mind having wires all over the place with these around. To keep all my paper work (children's work i'll be marking as a teacher) from flying all over the place i'll be using these paper weights.
And to make sure i'm not late for work i'll have this clock hanging around. A maybe a few wall decals here and there, just because you can't ever be that precise with paint!

Moving on into the kitchen area. My fridge will be covered in glorious owl fridge magnets and things with birds on them. Like this whisk!

I'll also have this magnetic memo board on the wall which i can stick my shopping list to.
And i will have a lot of owl mugs and vases hanging around, i'm sure i've shown you a few i want to make before. But this one is just down to the graphic. Not a glorious design. 
Moving on to my bedroom. Every room has a mirror, and i want this one.
Yes that's nice, but i wouldn't want the bars in the middle one. That would be my main mirror, then one of the outer edge ones i'll swap for this pin board, or clip board. Whatever you want to call it.
The other side, i'm not really sure yet. But i'll find something believe me i will!
What else does my bedroom need? Lights! a wall light. This wall light.
And an alarm clock to wake me up before my busy day trying to get children to do work instead of playing.
I'm sure i'll find plenty more amazing things i want closer to the time. For now i'm all about pillows and pink, and more pillows. You can never have too many. When i am really rich i want a bedroom, kind of like those mental institution cells where everything is all soft. But it will have windows of course. And maybe only one soft wall. The floor will be fitted with those tempur pedic mattresses that astronauts use. Covered in blankets, duvets and pillows. It will be my snug. Small and cosy.

Oh yes, and before i leave you with all these crazy ideas running through your mind, i need to fill my handbag up with cute things too right? Or the keys will get lonely in there when they're off their hook. I want this purse.

And thi USB to store all my work on. Although i'm pretty sure it will be round my neck more often. The genius of turning a necklace into something functional.
What crazy rooms would you like in your house when you're rich and old? Don't go stealing my snug room. Otherwise you'll have no reason to want to get drunk at my house!

(p.s. if it does become my drinking room, i want all walls comfy and a mini trampoline in the middle. One like kids have, with the bar at the front you hold on to!)

No comments:

Post a Comment