Wednesday 8 June 2011

Summer projects

In the summer i tend to get extremely bored. Coming home for the summer from university i find myself living in the middle of no-where. Adding to that is that i'm only friends with a couple of people at home. Most my friends are from university. I do however have multiple siblings and a dog who keep me company and entertain me.
Sometimes however, i get bored. So bored that i just start making things. This is normally the source of all my projects.
Here are a few things i'm planning on making this summer.
Pillows! I'm planning on making lots of them. Lots and lots and lots. This is just the first one. I may put the sun on one side, and embroider "you are my sunshine my only sunshine, you make me happy when skies are grey" on the back.
(p.s. i forget where most of these photos are from as they've been on my computer for a while. I think most are from Etsy. If you do know please let me know so i can give them proper credit!)
Bedbuggs on Etsy
How cute is that! It will fit in nicely with my bedroom decor. I just need to go out and buy lots of fabric and pillows now.
Bedbuggs on etsy
I can see this one getting difficult as i add more layers. Not sure how my needle will cope. May just have to invest in a hot glue gun. That would get it done in no time!
I'm debating whether to embroider this onto a pillow or just a piece of fabric and put in the middle of a frame surrounded by photos of myself and my siblings. It's going to be my dads Christmas present i think. Yes i know i'm thinking way ahead, but i won't have time to do these things when doing my PGCE.
This one i plan on making for my mum. I think it would suit her bedroom really well and i can sew her and my dads names in the heart. I don't know how i'll do the tree yet as it's a print. My just have to sew that on too. This will take up a lot of time! Perfect for a month free in summer!
Moving on away from pillows. I have a few old flip flips from Target which rub on my feet dreadfully. I'm planning on doing this: cutting off the strap and replacing it with fabric. It looks so simple. It knots under the sole and fits nicely into the gap left by the plastic straps. Plus you can have multiple fabrics and change them around to match different outfits!
I got this idea from mother hurdle, check it out. She's awesome.
She also make these ones.
They tie behind the ankle and have small straps from the original strap hole to hole it in place. I think i may also try braiding some fabric to make it even more adorable!

Anyway that's all for today!
p.s. if you know my parents, Please don't tell them about the pillows i'm planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment