Friday 5 August 2011

The girl and her owl.

I've seen so many beautiful pieces of artwork recently that have owls and girls in them. I love the way the artists compare the girls to the owls they're portrayed with and wanted to just share a few with you.
I found this neutral coloured piece on Flickr, it's by the wonderfully creative 64colours. I love the way the girls hat matches the owl's feathers and their identical eyes.
This gorgeous piece is by Jen Mann she has a number of images which all compare females to different animals. The short hair and sculpted eyebrows go well with the owl.
Sara Blake illustrates a number of pieces which have birds in them including cockerels and the owl above. This particular image is available in a number of colours which are shown beneath the image. I love the way the feathers look more like fabric.
Chad Woodward has a range of greetings cards which can be found here at Urban Graphic. This card is from a group which are called "Melodika" due to the theme of music running throughout. The idea of an owl as a DJ is genius. This picture makes me happy on the inside.
Society6 is full of great artists such as: Ola Liola and Amanda Mocci. The images which these two artists have produced are probably my favourite two that I'm blogging about today.
This one is by Ola. I love the little details in this picture such as the little bird in the bottom right corner and the tiny bit of colour for the cheeks of both the owl and girl adding symmetry. The plaits also look like feathers, well maybe that's just me. But so cute!
Amanda is amazing. This is my favourite. I love the hair! And the pattern on her neck. I also like the limited colour palette. Just a dark yellow and redish-brown colour. I want this is my room. Or tattooed on my back. Not really... but you get the picture.
P.S. I added the quote underneath the image. I thought it went so well!

Hope you have a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment